Getting Here & Getting Around
1. Fly directly into Sun Valley (Friedman Memorial Airport-SUN), 12 miles south of Sun Valley/Ketchum in Hailey, ID.
Los Angeles and Seattle via Alaska Airlines:
Winter season: December 14, 2013-April 6, 2014
Summer season: June 13, 2014-September 21, 2014, one daily flight between LAX and SUN
Summer season: June 13, 2014-September 28, 2014, one daily flight between SEA and SUN
Fall season: October 3, 2014-October 19, 2014, weekly (Thurs/Friday/Sunday) flights between SEA and SUN
- Salt Lake City via Sky West/Delta Connection: year round
San Francisco via United Express: summer/fall/winter
Winter flights: December 14, 2013-March 30, 2014
Summer flights: July 2, 2014-September 23, 2014
For the most current flight schedule, please visit Fly Sun Valley Alliance's website here.
2. Fly directly into Boise (BOI), 150 miles southwest of Sun Valley
- United Airlines: daily non-stop flights from LA, San Francisco, Chicago and Denver
- Delta Airlines: daily non-stop flights from Minneapolis and Salt Lake City
- Southwest Airlines: daily non-stop flights from Denver, Las Vegas, Reno, Oakland, Portland, Seattle, Spokane and Salt Lake City
- Frontier Airlines: daily non-stop flights from Denver
- US Airways: daily non-stop flights from Phoenix
- American Airlines: daily non-stop flights from LA, San Diego, Portland and Seattle
- Horizon Air: daily non-stop flights from LA, Sacramento, San Jose, Seattle, Portland, Lewiston and Idaho Falls
3. Twin Falls Airport (TWI), 90 miles south of Sun Valley, is served by Delta/Skywest
Daily shuttles from Boise are available on the Sun Valley Express (twice daily) and will take visitors directly to Sun Valley. Also the Salt Lake City airport is just 4.5 hours away.
Getting Around Town
1. Rental Cars- The three major rental car companies in the area are:
- Avis (208)788-2382- located at the Friedman Memorial Airport Terminal at 1616 Airport Way in Hailey, ID
- Hertz (208)788-4548- also located at the terminal as well.
- Enterprise (208)578-1156- down the road from the airport at 1220 Airport Way. Call for pickups and reservations.
When you visit Sun Valley, it's a breeze to get around. No need to rent a car; just hop on one of the FREE and easy Mountain Rides buses that will get you where you need to go around Ketchum and Sun Valley. With four "Around Town" routes in the Summer and six in the Winter, it's easy to get to your many destinations including Dollar and Bald Mountain, Ketchum Town Square, Sun Valley Resort, and dozens of other stops. Bus schedules differ by route, with many coming as often as every 15 minutes. And skis, snowboards, and bicycles are no sweat! All of the buses are equipped with ski and bike racks to handle your recreational equipment.
Fall 2013 Schedule- Running September 8-November 27, 2013
The Blue Route serves downtown Ketchum, Warm Springs, Sun Valley Village, and Elkhorn Springs. It currently runs every 30 minutes from 7am to 9:30pm and hourly 10pm-12:50pm.
The Red Route serves Elkhorn Springs, Morning Star, Twin Creeks, River Run Plaza, and Ketchum. It runs hourly from 8:30am until 4:55pm. Starting on Dec 14th until March 31, 2014, the Red Route will run every 30 minutes until 4pm and hourly until 5pm. (There will be no Red Route service after the last day of ski season until summer service starts on June 13, 2014.)
The Green Route serves downtown Ketchum, West Ketchum, River Run Plaza, St. Luke’s Hospital, and the Meadows. It currently runs hourly from 7:35am until 10:58am and then again from 2:05pm until 5:30pm. (No service midday from 11:00am until 2:00pm.)
The Bronze Route serves Sun Valley Village and Warm Springs via Saddle Road. Starting on Dec 14th until March 31, 2014 it will run every 30 minutes from 8:30am until 10:44am and then again from 1:15pm until 3:30pm. (No service midday from 10:45am until 1:10pm.)
The Silver Route serves Sun Valley Village and River Run Plaza plus has a connection to Dollar Mountain. It runs every 30 minutes from 8am until 6:26pm. Starting on Dec 14th until March 31, 2014 the Silver Route will run every 15 minutes from 8:00am until 6:26pm.
The Valley Route serves Bellevue, Hailey, Ketchum, and Sun Valley. It currently runs every 30 minutes during the peak commute time, hourly midday, and limited late evening trips Monday through Friday 5:50am to 9:50pm. On Weekends and Holidays the Valley bus runs every 2-3 hours from 6:35am to 7:50pm.
LocationSun ValleyUnited States43° 30' 21.9816" N, 114° 18' 1.386" W