14TH ANNUAL BACKCOUNTRY FILM FESTIVAL COMES TO SUN VALLEY, IDAHO
Calling all winter ski enthusiasts! Get ready to enjoy a collection of short films highlighting adventure, environmental and climate issues, youth outdoors, and ski culture showing the importance of our winter wildlands.
The fourteenth annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival will show in Sun Valley, Idaho, on Sunday, February 16th, at the Sun Valley Opera House. Doors open at 6 p.m. and films start at 7 p.m. . Films in this year’s program include:
- Ode to Muir (Festival cut), Teton Gravity Research
- Ski the Wild West, Thomas Woodson and Drew Petersen
- The Abbey, DPS Cinematic
- The Backcountry Snowsports Initiative: Human-Powered, Wool Hat Creative Productions
- Abandoned (Festival cut), The Road West Traveled
- Blue, Aly Nicklas
- I Am Here, David Hanson and Michael Hanson
- Surfer Dan, Camp4 Collective
- Searching for Christmas Tree, Lie Feng
- Westward: Brennan Lagasse, KGB Production
Produced each year as a celebratory, backcountry community event by the Winter Wildlands Alliance, the 14th Annual Backcountry Film Festival film line-up is full of snowy, cinematic adventure sure to inspire both the local backcountry and general communities. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and preserving winter wildlands and a quality human-powered snow sports experience on public lands.