The Smoky Mountain Lodge is the only remote fly in helicopter skiing lodge in the lower 48 states. It is located west of Sun Valley in the South Fork of the Boise River drainage. The luxurious 6-bedroom Lodge provides a backcountry get away with all the amenities of home. Breakfasts and dinners are prepared by a local chef. Lunches are served in the field in the middle of each day’s heli trip. Amenities and other activities include wi-fi, sauna, cross country skiing and snowshoeing.
- This adventure is for intermediate and expert skiers and riders.
- It includes six runs per day with vertical drops ranging from 1,500 to 3,000 feet.
- Extra runs are available for $125 per run.
- Sun Valley Heli also provides Mammut RAS Rocker 18 airbags and Mammut Barryvox Avalanche Transceivers to all our guests.
- Guests are guaranteed 18 runs and will receive a $95 credit for each run less than 18 that are skied, if the shortfall is due to weather or matters within Sun Valley Heli’s control.