What is Outerbike?
Outerbike states on their website that their event is, “The BEST bike demo event in the Universe.” It’s a bold claim but it just might be true. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let’s step back and give you an overview of what the Outerbike is all about.
photo courtesy of Outerbike
This is Outerbike
Outerbike was designed to bring together all types of mountain bikers in a few top-notch riding locations around the country several times a year to test the latest and greatest bikes and gear on the market. If you’re a seasoned pro, try out the newest trail bikes on some long climbs and even longer descents. If you’re new to the sport see what the best wheel size is for you. Then try a few bikes before lunch and another in the afternoon while getting some professional advise right from the manufacturers’s staff. Still unsure? There’s beer involved… Enough said.
photo courtesy of Outerbike
Outerbike Sun Valley
With a foundation for the event laid, we can roll up the sleeves and dive in to the locations. Outerbike has chosen Sun Valley, Idaho, Crested Butte, Colorado, Moab, Utah and Bentonville, Arkansas as their 2019 host destinations. This will be the first visit for Outerbike to Sun Valley and we’re still left blushing knowing that we’ve been included in the mix. Not since the inaugural unveiling of the Ride Sun Valley bike festival has there been such excitement for a mountain biking event in the Valley. This will be Sun Valley’s opportunity to show off the goods. Here’s what the Outerbike website has to say about our beloved area:
“With over 400 miles of singletrack spread throughout the valley, the mountain biking is some of the best—and most scenic—in the country. Bald Mountain now boasts America’s longest purpose-built downhill and 3,100 feet of thrilling lift-accessed trails (including two new downhill rides!). For a milder experience, riders can head to the White Clouds trail network or take the leafy Wood River Trail, to any number of mixed ability trails in the Adams Gulch area.”
When is Outerbike Sun Valley?
Outerbike Sun Valley will take place June 21st – 23rd. Yes, that’s right, it will be going down over the summer solstice. Your registration fee buys you access to the all the bikes, lunches, beer, prizes, and entrance to our evening party, not to mention a 3 day lift pass. It’s time to start thinking about packing your chamois and making plans to venture to the 1st showing of Outerbike Sun Valley. It’ll be the only way to know if Outerbike is truly “The BEST” demo in the universe, you’ll have to check it out for yourself.
In addition to the programming offered from the Outerbike passes, there are a few other great events happening on both ends and during the event that you should definitely check out.
- June 20th – Thursday | Sheep Town Drag Races | Watch or participate in pulling flaming logs behind your bike in a heads-up drag race down Main Street in Hailey
- June 21st – Friday | Ketchum’s Summer Solstice Soiree | Celebrate the longest day of the year with ample festivities happening in Ketchum’s Town Square
- June 21st – 23rd – Friday – Sunday | The Market | A gathering to celebrate summer with friends and family, music and food, and unique handcrafted & vintage goods + tunes spun all weekend by a local DJ, food and drink available for purchase all at the Hotel Ketchum
- June 22nd – Saturday | People for Bike – DRAFT event | A fast-paced event of ideas, entrepreneurs and bikes, capturing the exciting things happening in the bike industry
- June 22 – Saturday | 8:00pm – 10:30pm | Filmed By Bike Film Festival | Catch the Film By Bike Festival at the Warfield Brewery
- June 22 – Saturday | 9:30pm | Lost in Bourbon – Live | Rock the night away with Lost in Bourbon live at Whiskey Jacques
- June 24th – Monday | Ziggy Marley & Michael Franti Live | Catch some feel-good reggae live at River Run
The line-up for the 2019 event continue to grow. As of know we know that the following brands will be here:
- Rocky Mountain
- Giant & Liv
- Club Ride Apparel
- Osprey Packs
- iSSi Pedals
- Sync Vans
- And more!
The weekend is filling up fast. We have a few recommended lodging properties that are nearby and have availability.
- Best Western Kentwood
- Best Western Tyrolean
- Natural Retreats | 15% Off for Outerbike Riders
- Hotel Ketchum
- Knob Hill Inn
- Camping Options
P.S. If you can’t make it to Sun Valley, we highly recommend checking out one of the other awesome Outerbike stops!