Mindfulness in the Mountains
We’re all navigating this new way of life with our own approaches. We're asking that you practice Mindfulness in the Mountains of Sun Valley, Idaho to help us protect the people and places we love. It is up to us to work on a collective front so that we can put an end to this pandemic once and for all.
Mindfulness in the Mountains envelopes several touch-points that include health & safety awareness, recreating responsibly, friendliness & stewardship as well as developing an understanding of our mountain town culture.
There is a delicate balance to the small mountain community surrounding Sun Valley and it is up to us to decide how to maintain that equilibrium. We thank you in advance for doing your part!
Rise to the Occasion: The Sun Valley Commitment
To and from our residents and visitors:
The spirit of Sun Valley is calling you to rise to the occasion. The world has asked us to adapt to stay healthy and now we are asking you to take one more step to preserve what we love.
- Sun Valley is a place rooted in smiling faces and welcoming spirits. We strive to treat everyone kindly and be understanding of their circumstances. If you are here for a visit, know that we will do everything we can to care for you while you are here and hope that, in turn, you’ll care for this place by doing what’s right to keep yourself and others healthy.
- Our outdoor spaces provide us with opportunities to roam, adventure, learn, and rejuvenate. But the infrastructure that provides access to many of these places may be tested. Be cognizant of the high usage areas, stay patient, and remember to share. If you’re in the know, go to the less frequented spots.
- Knowledge is power and being informed can bring about the best possible experience. While we may have common-sense ideas of how things should be done, they may not always translate to the accepted way of doing things. Take a minute to learn about simple unknowns ranging from trail etiquette to proper disposal of your dog’s business. When in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask a stranger, ask a friend or find a guide to show you the way. We’re all here to be a resource of information to keep those faces smiling.
Rise to the occasion and commit to patience, kindness, understanding, and knowledge as we continue to adapt to this new way of living mindfully in the mountains.
Now is a great time to explore the great outdoors that the Sun Valley area has to offer. Turn social distancing into an opportunity to roam free and explore the mountain playground that we are so fortunate to have surrounding us. As we venture out to recreate, we kindly ask that you inform yourself on the proper information for recreating responsibly. This includes but is not limited to knowing proper trail etiquette, knowing where you can and can't go, how to clean-up after yourself (this includes when nature calls), knowing what you need in order to be prepared out in the elements, and knowing how to stay safe out there. Below are a few resources to help you #RecreateResponsibly.
Tips for Getting Out There
- Know before you go. Check the weather, trail and road reports before venturing out.
- Know where you can and can't go based on land usage and activity base.
- Be prepared to be self-sufficient. Make sure you have the proper clothing, food, water, supplies for getting out of a snowy situation and beyond.
- Wear a mask when you cannot reasonably socially distance.
- Know how to manage your outdoor bathroom breaks.
- Leave no trace. Take your trash and everything else you brought with you back out with you.
- Build an inclusive outdoor environment that welcomes and educates all identities and abilities.
- #TagResponsibly - to avoid overcrowding and potentially pointing underprepared people to areas that are out of their ability levels to reach, we ask that you avoid specific geotagging of recreation areas.
Putting Out Your Campfire
Informational Recreation Resources
Health, Safety, & Travel Resources for Sun Valley
When you're ready to venture to Sun Valley, we have several insights and resources to help you navigate a new way of visiting. We ask that you are mindful to this new way of life and adhere to the local guidelines and best practices.
The Sun Valley community is committed to incorporating the best health practices and safety measures to ensure your health and security. We want to keep the positive trends flowing in the right direction so that we can stay healthy and to keep the local entities open for business.
We appreciate your patience through all of this. We hope that you'll find some solace in the saying that, some things are worth waiting for. We look forward to seeing you soon. #MindfulnessInTheMountains
Best Practices for Preventing COVID-19
Help us keep our visitors and residents safe with these best practices.
Wear a Face Covering in Public
Wash Your Hands Frequently
Observe Social Distancing
Cover Your Cough & Sneeze
Avoid Touching Your Face
Stay Home If You're Feeling Sick
Stay up to date with the latest information from the local authorities.