To our beloved Sun Valley area visitors and locals; at this time we ask that you please abide by the current isolation orders enacted by the State of Idaho and the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. You are our friends, family, current and future return guests and we care immensely about you. We need your help to beat this so that we can all get back to enjoying this place for all that is has to offer.
Visit Sun Valley is currently communicating with the business community the recommendations that our local health & emergency services organizations are stating. We are in constant communication with these organizations and when information is updated or changed, we will communicate that ASAP to all stakeholders and visitors via all appropriate communications channels. It is up to each business to make the right decision for their particular situation and all we can do is act as the conduit and resource to provide the best most up to date info that we have
See below for the Stay at Home Orders.
May 14th | State of Idaho Phases of Opening
The following stages will rollout across the state pending that cases of COVID-19 continue to decline.
Stage 1 | May 1 – 15
- Out of state visitors must self-quarantine for 14 days
- Non-essential travel allowed within the state but must adhere to CDC guidelines
- Places of worship can open with strict social distancing
- Non-essential businesses that do not fall within other restrictions may re-open with social distancing protocols
Stage 2 | May 16 – 29
- Out of state visitors are allowed
- Gatherings of less than 10 people are allowed with social distancing
- Restaurants allowed to open with approval from state agencies
- Indoor gyms may open with protocols
- Salons may open with protocols
Stage 3 | May 30 – June 12
- Bars & nightclubs open with distancing and limited capacities
- Gatherings of less than 50 people are allowed with social distancing
Stage 4 | June 13 – 26
- Gatherings of more than 50 people are allowed with social distancing
- Large venues to open with social distancing
**Blaine County (Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey & Bellevue) Updates Effective Until May 29th, 2020**
Blaine County has their own set of restrictions and amendments to the Idaho State order amongst there are certain provisions pertaining to construction, landscaping, travel and more.
Contractors and landscapers in Ketchum, Hailey and unincorporated Blaine County can resume work following set of 18 safety guidelines aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We feel strongly that it is our collective responsibility to focus on the facts and to act with common sense and sound judgment. We are here to address questions and concern regarding the current status of the Coronavirus in the Sun Valley area. If you have questions do not hesitate to email us at ([email protected]).
- Our Valley is committed to increasing frequency of our best hygiene practices outlined by the CDC, as well as state and municipal governments.
- Restaurants and businesses are offering socially distant offerings to continue to provide services.
- St. Luke’s Hospital has an incredibly skilled team but they are limited in the resources and services they can provide during this situation. If you are exhibiting symptoms, call your primary care physician first to see if you qualify for testing. If you do not have a physician, see details below.
- St. Luke’s Wood River Family Medicine in Hailey, M- F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Contact 208-788-3434
- Center for Community Health for non-medical evaluations and questions such as assistance in finding a primary care provider and accessing other local resources such as mental health and social services. M- F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., contact 208-727-8733
- If you need to call after hours, contact 208-381-9000
- Idaho Care Line: Call the hotline at 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588
Below, you will find several resource links for those looking to dig into more information.
Local Sun Valley & Idaho State Resources
- South Central Public Health District | SCPHD Information Toolkit
- Idaho Mountain Express Newspaper
- Eye on Sun Valley
- Sun Valley Resort
- Sun Valley Museum of Art
- Blaine County School District
- From the State of Idaho
- St. Luke’s Regional Hospital
- South Central Public Health District COVID-19 Crisis hotline: English – 208.737.1138 | Spanish – 208-737-596
- Friedman Memorial Airport Air Service Information
- CDC Travel Guide
- United Airlines | Delta Airlines | Alaska Airlines | Air Travel Refunds
- Limelight Hotel
- Sun Valley Resort
- Hotel Ketchum
- Tamarack Hotel
- Best Western – Tyrolean
- Best Western – Kentwood
- Air B&B’s cancelation policy
- VRBO Updates
- Expedia Policy
For additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly via [email protected].
Major Businesses, Services & Activities Still Open | May 12th, 2020
For those of you that are still in town, we urge you to continue to support the local businesses in any way that you can. Order takeout, buy a gift certificate, or rebook your adventure/hotel to help these entities survive this downturn.
Retails stores have been allowed to open May 1st as part of the State’s re-opening phases. Business owners must follow safety protocols outlined by the state.
Restaurants have been allowed to open with new operating protocols as of May 16th.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for below, we have compiled a complete list of what is and isn’t open that can be found here.
Online Yoga/Workout Classes & Line Dancing | Many local entities are offering free and paid classes that can be digitally streamed. Check out the list below for what is available.
- The Mill SV | While The Mill SV is closed at this time, they are offering virtual workout sessions 4 days a week at 8am. To stream the classes, head here. For more information, visit their Instagram page.
- Gather Yoga Studio | Check out their Facebook page and website for the latest streaming classes. $13 per drop-in class or $110 for 10 classes.
- Beth Stuart Yoga | Beth is offering some great free classes via YouTube
- Pure Body Bliss | Check out their streaming classes that can be accessed here. Look for the Zoom classes on the calendar.
- Blaine County Recreation District | The BCRD is offering free Zoom fitness classes and their instructors have compiled fitness resources to share with our community. The class schedule and resources document are here.
- Miles To Go | Online classes can be signed up for here.
- Zenergy | Offering online classes that are temporarily free. Access them here.
- The Mint | Streaming 1hr line dancing sessions every Wednesday night at 6pm MST
- Bigwood Golf Course | The Bigwood Golf Course is open starting April 15th with social distancing practices. Call 208-726-4024 for details.
- Sun Valley Golf Courses | The front 9 of the Trail Creek course is open to the public as of May 1st. Tee times will be every 20 minutes and must be made by calling in advance. The Elkhorn Club will be open as of May 1st to members only.
- The YMCA | A great selection of online classes to stream can be found here.
- Sun Valley Wellness | The Sun Valley Wellness Festival is supporting the wellness community, organizations, and individuals who are taking their offerings online and bringing together the collective offerings of wellness under one umbrella. More information can be found here.
- Ketchum Tennis Courts| The Ketchum city tennis courts will be open as of May 1st with social distancing requirements.
There are a number of arts-based entities in town providing access to a variety of tutorials, projects, artist insights and more.
- Sun Valley Museum of Arts | A great collection of art activities and art therapy can be found here. They will be reopening May 18th!
- Gail Severn Gallery | Listen and watch their videos featuring artist profiles that have been or are current exhibitors in the gallery here.
Mountain Rides Bus Service | At this time, the bus service will continue to operate for essential services.
Airport | The Friedman Memorial Airport currently remains open with one daily flight to Salt Lake City operated by Delta.
St. Luke’s Wood River Medical Center is open with modified services. In support of a safe environment for their patients and caregivers, effective immediately we will be temporarily suspending normal operations at St. Luke’s Wood River.
- The Emergency Department will remain operational, with all admissions transferring to an appropriate facility.
- Surgical and OB staff are on-call to perform emergent procedures. All non-emergent and elective procedures are being postponed.
- Services at our clinics within the community will also be temporarily suspended. We are reaching out to patients who currently have non-emergent appointments scheduled to convert these to a telehealth option, or to postpone them.
- The COVID-19 drive-through screening and sample collection tent for patients exhibiting symptoms will remain operational from 10:00am – 6:00pm daily. Patients will be able to stay in their cars for screening, registration and, if needed, specimen collection.
- The Walk-In Clinic adjacent to the medical center will be open daily 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
They are working with our patients and their families to transfer or discharge currently admitted patients as medically appropriate. Additionally, they are working with local first responders and other healthcare providers in the area to divert new inpatient admissions.
St. Luke’s Clinic (Hailey) remain open. Please check their websites for up to date information on visiting protocols.
Local Food Alliance | These folks are dialed on the local food offerings currently available.
Grocery Stores & Pharmacies
- Apothecary | Currently open and offering free deliveries in Ketchum & Sun Valley
- Atkinson’s | Currently open with abbreviated hours from 7am – 7pm and offering delivery when possible
- Albertsons | Currently open and offering online ordering. They are open with abbreviated hours from 7am – 8pm. The elderly and at risk individuals are encourage to shop Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7am – 9am. If you do not fall within this category, please come another time.
- Chateau Drug | Currently open
- Natural Grocers | Currently open
- Nourish Me | Currently open for curbside pick-up and delivery for $25 fee. Call 208-928-7604 to order and pay by phone.
- Village Market | Currently open 7am – 8pm
Major Closures & Cancellations | May 12th, 2020
Air Service Changes
A significant reduction in flights to/from Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN) in Sun Valley.
Delta Air Lines will operate one daily flight to Salt Lake City (SLC) for the spring season, March 30 – June 7, 2020.
Summer air service will being June 25th.
- Seattle >> Sun Valley | Alaska Airlines | June 25th, 2020
- San Francisco >> Sun Valley | United | July 11th, 2020
- Los Angeles >> Sun Valley | United | June 25th, 2020
- Denver >> Sun Valley | United | June 20th, 2020
Sun Valley Resort
Sun Valley Resort | The Sun Valley Ski Resort is closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 winter season. All winter lift tickets, lessons, or rentals that were purchased online and dated March 16, 2020, or later will be refunded automatically within 14 business days. If you have questions or concerns please contact them at:
Sun Valley 888-490-5950 | lift tickets @sunvalley.com
More information can be found here.
With the onset of warmer temperatures and phased state openings has allowed their golfing operations to resume with. Tee times are by reservation only and will be run every 20 minutes. More information can be found here.
Hotels in the area are currently closed with the exception of offering lodging to essential workers. Many of the lodging properties plan on opening up for operations with best practices in place starting Memorial Weekend for Idaho state residents. Out of state visitors will be allowed in without the mandatory 14-day quarantine starting May 16th. We recommend that you check in with each property to review their opening dates and protocols.
Estimated Hotel Opening Dates
- Hotels in Ketchum will be allowed to open starting May 16th for in-state travelers.
- Knob Hill Inn – Open
- Limelight Hotel – May 22nd
- Best Western Kentwood – June 8th
- Sun Valley Resort – May 30th
- Best Western Tyrolean – June 2nd
- Hotel Ketchum – June 4th
- Tamarack Lodge – July 1st
Additional lodging properties can be found here.
Sawtooth National Recreation Area | The Sawtooth National Forest has closed all developed campgrounds until June 5th. Dispersed camping is still allowed. More details here.
Blaine County Recreation District | (BCRD has closed all programs and services at the Community Campus until further notice.
Galena Lodge | Galena Lodge is temporarily closed. More information found here.
Wood River YMCA | The YMCA is temporarily suspending all facility access, programs, services, and events. More information and daily updates can be found here.
Sun Valley Guides & Sawtooth Mountain Guides | Both of these outfitters have closed their operations for the season including hut rentals. Please connect with them directly to for re-booking information.
Zenergy | Zenergy is temporarily suspending all facility access,
programs, services, and events. More information can be found here.
Fly Fishing & Hunting | The majority of the fly fishing waters are closed for the annual spring spawning season until Memorial Weekend. Many restrictions have been place on out of state hunters and anglers. Check in with Idaho Fish & Game for current regulations.
Bellevue, Hailey & the Community Library | All Valley libraries will be closed until further notice. The Community Library is offering curbside pick-up and a collection of other great online offerings.
Visit Sun Valley Visitor Center | We have chosen to close the Visitor Center to avoid exposure to our staff. We are available digitally and would encourage you to jump online or give us a call if you have any questions.
Visitors will be able to access information and ask questions in several ways:
- Our website: www.visitsunvalley.com, ask questions utilizing our “Live Chat” feature.
- By emailing us: [email protected]
- By Phone: 1-800-634-3347 | 208-726-3423
The Market | Due to the uncertain times, The Market has postponed their event until further noticed. Stay tuned for updates. Information will be made available here.
The Sun Valley Forum | This event will still be held on its original dates, June 8-10, 2020 on a virtual platform as opposed to in-person. More information available here.
The Steve Miller Band Concert | The Steve Miller Band concert that was scheduled for Wednesday, July 15th has been cancelled.
Sun Valley Wellness Festival | The Wellness Festival has been rescheduled to August 21-24, 2020
Ballet Sun Valley | The summer performance orchestrated by Ballet Sun Valley has been moved to August 23rd & 25th.
Writer’s Conference | The current situation makes it impossible for us to safely confirm the travel, logistics, and participation of all those who were so looking forward to coming to the Conference this summer and therefore the 2020 Conference has been cancelled. More details can be found here.
Allen & Company | Allen & Company has cancelled their 2020 meeting, ” citing safety amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the boutique New York investment bank notified staff and vendors that it was calling off this year’s iteration of the long-standing conclave, which annually brings some of the world’s foremost names in business, media, technology and politics to the resort.” –The Idaho Mountain Express
Sun Valley Wine Auction | With the unfortunate impacts of COVID-19, the Sun Valley Wine Auction has cancelled the 2020 Sun Valley Wine Auction. The good news is that our creative staff are planning an exciting “virtual” experience for July. Stay tuned for the details as there will be many opportunities to participate in this year’s Wine Auction in support of the SVMoA including an online auction, paddle-up for arts, Vintner Dinners throughout the coming year, and much more.
Wood River Studio Tour | The Wood River Studio Tour has announced that they have cancelled their 2020 event. The press release can be found here.
Please visit our calendar of events page for more information.
Government & Schools
Blaine County Schools | All Blaine County schools are closed but are operating online.
Comprehensive List of Openings and Closures
Local Business & Resident Resources
- Blaine County Recovery
- South Central Public Health District Toolkit – Graphics, Information, Links, & More
- COVID-19 Sun Valley Resource Guide
- COVID-19 Poster
- Sun Valley Economic Development Resources
- Economic Stimulus for Nonprofits
- Economic Stimulus Package Details
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Small Businesses – Fact Sheet
- Lines of Credit for Small Businesses – Idaho First Bank
- Protecting Your Home Loan – Lasaii Benefits
- Office Disinfecting Service – Halosil in Conjunction with Ski Butlers
- Small Business Gift Card Service Offered by Facebook
- Blaine County Charitable Fund
- Lodging Operating Guidelines
- Sporting Event Considerations
- Sporting Event Training Considerations
The Brighter Side
- Sun Valley COVID Resilience | a glimpse in to the positive resilience that this community has.
- Sun Valley Daydreaming: Waiting for COVID-19 to Subside | what we’re looking forward to this when this all passes.
- 24hrs in Sun Valley – May | what an ideal day in the life of Blaine County Recreation District trail coordinator, Chris Leaman.