To our beloved Sun Valley area visitors and locals; we are navigating this ever-evolving realm with COVID-19. Our business, restaurants, and hotels are open with adapted protocols for operating in the safest manner. We’re proud that our vaccination rates for Blaine County are over 80%. However, there are many visitors and locals alike that are still susceptible to infection.
“Our hospitals and healthcare systems need our help. The best way to end crisis standards of care is for more people to get vaccinated. It dramatically reduces your chances of having to go to the hospital if you do get sick from COVID-19. In addition, please wear a mask indoors in public and outdoors when it’s crowded to help slow the spread.” – Idaho Department Director of Health & Welfare, Dave Jeppesen.
Masks are currently mandated by the cities Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, and Bellevue as well as Blaine County, when in indoor public places. We ask that you be considerate to our vulnerable community and visitors and abide by the regulations. Doing your part will allow us to stay open, keep us safe, and let us all continue to have an amazing experience here in Sun Valley!
While you’re here we also ask that you practice Mindfulness in the Mountains. In short, this means being understanding, respectful, patient, and kind. We want to stay open, we want to continue to have experiences that we so cherish, and we want to have some semblance of normalcy throughout the current world we’re living in. We need your help to make this happen.
We are currently under the Fourth of four phases of reopening for the state of Idaho. Help us stay safe and abide by the current orders enacted by the State. Help us to stay open and protect everyone. You are our friends, family, current and future return guests and we care immensely about you.
Sun Valley Area COVID-19 Status
For the latest updates on the status of COVID-19 in the Sun Valley area including Ketchum, Hailey, Bellevue & beyond, please review the following resources from the St. Luke’s Wood River Hospital and the Blaine County Risk Assessment reports.
State of Idaho & Sun Valley Area Health Mandates & Ordinances
Below are mandates and requirements implemented by the state of Idaho and the municipalities and counties within the Sun Valley area. These requirements will stay in place until COVID-19 shows signs of declining.
The Cities of Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, & Bellevue Health Orders
- Masks are mandated by the cities of Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, and Bellevue as well as Blaine County, when in indoor public places.
State of Idaho Restrictions – Stage 4
- No gathering limitations.
- Social distancing guidelines of 6ft remain in place
- Long-term care facilities must require masks on the premises
- Bars, restaurants, and nightclubs can operate normally.
- Employers are encouraged to continue allowing employees to work remotely or to make special accommodations for in-house employees.
- Business are allowed to be open following the state protocols.
We feel strongly that it is our collective responsibility to focus on the facts and to act with common sense and sound judgment. We are here to address questions and concern regarding the current status of the Coronavirus in the Sun Valley area. If you have questions do not hesitate to email us at ([email protected]).
COVID-19 Vaccinations Resources
Vaccine Resource Links
Vaccine distribution will continue indefinitely.
Wood River Valley Vaccine Locations
As we all venture out to take advantage of the outdoors during these times, we’re seeing an increase in usage of in outdoor recreation. Many users are new to activities and we highly recommend educating yourself and others on how to enjoy these experiences safely and while abiding to the rules of the various recreational outlets. Stay kind and help educate those that may not be aware of the general etiquette and procedures. For more details on how to stay informed, the Mindfulness in the Mountains page will keep you in the know. #RecreateResponsibly
- Blaine County Recreation District Trails Report
- Sun Valley Resort
- Sun Valley Area Weather Reports
- Idaho Department of Transportation Road Reports
Summer & Fall Air Service
The Sun Valley Airport (Friedman Memorial) has nonstop flights from from 5 major cities this summer including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, and Denver.
In addition to the service into SUN, the airport has also implemented a new approach pattern that has drastically reduced the number of weather-related diversions!
- Seattle >> Sun Valley | Alaska Airlines | May – December
- San Francisco >> Sun Valley | United | June – September
- Los Angeles >> Sun Valley | United & Delta | June – December
- Salt Lake City >> Sun Valley | Delta | Year-round
- Denver >> Sun Valley | United | June – December
For more information including full flight schedules, head to our Getting Here Page.
- Friedman Memorial Airport Air Service Information
- CDC Travel Guide
- United Airlines | Delta Airlines | Alaska Airlines | Air Travel Refunds
- Limelight Hotel
- Sun Valley Resort
- Hotel Ketchum
- Tamarack Hotel
- Best Western – Tyrolean
- Best Western – Kentwood
- Air B&B’s cancelation policy
- VRBO Updates
- Expedia Policy
Major Businesses Statuses
Many entities have adapted their hours and procedures and we recommend checking in with your favorite establishments directly to know what to expect.
Due to short staffing this summer, many businesses are taking a day here and there to allow their employees to recharge. We highly recommend calling a business prior to visiting to ensure that they are open.
Restaurant hours of operation can be found here. These are subject to change and we recommend double checking with the establishment. Reservations are highly recommended where possible. Lastly, if you’re looking for takeout offerings, be sure to check out 5B Flavor.
Reservations and advanced bookings are highly encouraged to ensure the best experience.
Events continue to be in full-swing. Please visit our calendar of events page for more information on all of the great happenings going on weekly.
- Sun Valley Wellness Festival | Either in-person or virtual | June 25 – 28
- Ketchum Arts Festival | In-person | July 9 – 11
- Ballet Sun Valley | In-person | July 11 – 12 & August 22 – 23
- Sun Valley Writers’ Conference | In-person | July 17 – 20
- Sun Valley Wine Auction | In-person | July 22 – 24
- Sun Valley Tour de Force | In-person | July 22 – 24
- Sun Valley Summer Music Festival | In-person | July 25 – August 19
- Sawtooth Valley Gathering | In-person | August 5 – 8
- Sun Valley Arts & Crafts Festival | In-person | August 13 – 15
- Rebecca’s Private Idaho | In-person | September 1 – 5
- Wagon Days | In-person | September 2 – 6
- Oktoberfest | In-person | September 17 – 18
- Trailing of the Sheep (25th Anniversary) | In-person | October 6 – 10
Jazz Festival | Canceled | October 13 – 17
The hospital system has an incredibly skilled team but they are limited in the resources and services they can provide during this situation. If you are exhibiting symptoms, call your primary care physician first to see if you qualify for testing. If you do not have a physician, see details below.
We kindly as you to get vaccinated! And, don’t forget about those flu shots.
St. Luke’s Hospital System
- St. Luke’s Wood River Hospital – Ketchum | 100 Hospital Dr. Ketchum, ID 83340 | 208-727-8800
- St. Luke’s Wood River Family Medicine – Hailey | 1450 Aviation Dr Suite 100, Hailey, ID 83333 | M- F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. |t 208-788-3434
- Center for Community Health for Non-Medical Evaluations |1450 Aviation DriveSuite 200Hailey, ID 83333 | M- F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.| 208-727-8733
- If you need to call after hours, contact 208-381-9000
- Idaho Care Line: Call the hotline at 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588
South Central Public Health District Crisis hotline: English – 208.737.1138 | Spanish – 208-737-596
Local Sun Valley & Idaho State Resources
- South Central Public Health District | SCPHD Information Toolkit
- Idaho Mountain Express Newspaper
- Eye on Sun Valley
- Sun Valley Resort
- Sun Valley Museum of Art
- Blaine County School District
- From the State of Idaho
Local Business & Resident Resources
- Blaine County Recovery
- COVID-19 Sun Valley Resource Guide
- COVID-19 Poster
- Crisis Hotline
- Sun Valley Economic Development Resources
- Lines of Credit for Small Businesses – Idaho First Bank
- Office Disinfecting Service – Halosil in Conjunction with Ski Butlers
- Small Business Gift Card Service Offered by Facebook
- Blaine County Charitable Fund
For additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly via [email protected].