Dear Members and Potential Members,
Visit Sun Valley would like to invite you to join our organization or renew your membership and benefit from our efforts to raise awareness of Sun Valley and increase visitation to the area.
As of October 1st of 2017, all Business License holders and/or Local Option Tax collectors located in either Ketchum or Sun Valley will be eligible for a Visit Sun Valley membership at no cost. Businesses located in the Cities of Hailey, Bellevue and Stanley that realize a portion of business from the Sun Valley community and/or who also share the common interests and goals of Visit Sun Valley may join as Associate Members according to this fee structure.
To raise awareness of Sun Valley and influence consumers in an effort to sustainably increase visitation from our target markets and valued guests.
Sun Valley will be recognized as a leader in mountain resort lifestyle through sports, recreation, arts and culture.
To create a better life for our community and the experience of visitors through sustainable tourism with the strategy of right place, right people, right time.
In the coming year, our efforts will continue to look for the right people at the right times while being mindful of keeping our community and our visitors safe. Initiatives will be driven by our air service markets, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, New York and Chicago. Core funding is used for awareness efforts in regional and niche markets such as Boise, Salt Lake City, Portland, Events, Nordic and Mountain Biking. We will continue our focus of engaging a younger audience (25-55) and to close the gap between winter and summer. Winter remains the greatest period of need and currently sits 10 points behind summer in terms of visitation. The winter/summer marketing split will be approximately 60/40.
- Olin Glenne- City of Ketchum
- Mike Burchmore- City of Sun Valley
- Kristin Poole- Advisory Committee
- Tim Silva- Sun Valley Resort
- Diann Craven (Co-Chair)- At large
- Cassie Abel- At large
- Candice Pate (Co-Chair)- At large
- Website presence on www.visitsunvalley.com
- Individual listings allowing for business descriptions, contact information, multiple images, website links, videos, menus, etc.
- Inclusion in the most complete and up-to-date event calendar and business directory for the area
- Presence on the ‘Deals/Specials’ page
- Referral to your business by knowledgeable and friendly Visitor Center staff
- Opportunity to provide product knowledge sessions to Visitor Center staff
- Stocking of your brochures, publications and other collateral
- Digital display of event posters and videos
- Access to member documents section of the website to view the latest operational highlights, press releases, advertising materials, research findings and fellow member contact information
- Opportunity to communicate your press releases, promos, alerts, etc., with other members via weekly community newsletter (sign up with Aly)
- Access to the monthly Occupancy Report via DestiMetrics- hotel/condo performance outlook and annual comparison
- Lodging properties who participate in the DestiMetrics reporting may also participate in the “Kids Ski Free” promotion and discounted lift ticket programs for lodging guests (offered via the Sun Valley Resort)
- Lodging properties may also opt for representation/sales via central reservations (ie, the booking widget)
Becoming a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of Visit Sun Valley or renewing your existing membership:
Community Relations & Visitor Services Manager