To our beloved Sun Valley area visitors, newcomers, and locals; we are navigating this ever-evolving realm with COVID-19. Our business, restaurants, and hotels are open with adapted protocols for operating in the safest manner.
While you’re here we also ask that you practice Mindfulness in the Mountains. In short, this means being understanding, respectful, patient, and kind. We want to stay open, we want to continue to have experiences that we so cherish, and we want to have some semblance of normalcy throughout the current world we’re living in. We need your help to make this happen.
Sun Valley Area COVID-19 Status
For the latest updates on the status of COVID-19 in the Sun Valley area including Ketchum, Hailey, Bellevue & beyond, please review the following resources from the St. Luke’s Wood River Hospital and the Blaine County Risk Assessment reports.
State of Idaho & Sun Valley Area Health Mandates & Ordinances
Below are mandates and requirements implemented by the state of Idaho and the municipalities and counties within the Sun Valley area. These requirements will stay in place until COVID-19 shows signs of declining.
The Cities of Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, & Bellevue Health Orders
- Masks are not mandated by any of the local municipalities.
- Some businesses may ask that you wear a mask prior to entering.
Idaho Department of Health & Welfare Updates
COVID-19 Vaccination & Booster Resources
Wood River Valley Vaccine Locations
Testing is best coordinated by appointment through St. Luke’s via their MyChart account or by calling (208) 381-9500
As we all venture out to take advantage of the outdoors during these times, we’re seeing an increase in usage of in outdoor recreation. Many users are new to activities and we highly recommend educating yourself and others on how to enjoy these experiences safely and while abiding to the rules of the various recreational outlets. Stay kind and help educate those that may not be aware of the general etiquette and procedures. For more details on how to stay informed, the Mindfulness in the Mountains page will keep you in the know. #RecreateResponsibly
- Blaine County Recreation District Trails Report
- Sun Valley Resort
- Sun Valley Area Weather Reports
- Idaho Department of Transportation Road Reports
Masks are still required by the TSA while in airports and when on airplanes.
Current Flight Schedule
- Seattle >> Sun Valley | Alaska Airlines | December 12 – April 17
- San Francisco >> Sun Valley | United | December 16 – March 26
- Los Angeles >> Sun Valley | United & Delta | December 16 – April 3
- Salt Lake City >> Sun Valley | Delta | Year-round
- Denver >> Sun Valley | United | December 16 – April 3
- Chicago >> Sun Valley | United | December 16 – March 26
For more information including full flight schedules, head to our Getting Here Page.
Note that the Friedman Memorial Airport will be closed April 18th – May 17th.
- Friedman Memorial Airport Air Service Information
- CDC Travel Guide
- United Airlines | Delta Airlines | Alaska Airlines
- Limelight Hotel
- Sun Valley Resort
- Hotel Ketchum
- Tamarack Hotel
- Best Western – Tyrolean
- Best Western – Kentwood
Major Businesses Statuses
Due to short staffing, many businesses are taking a day here and there to allow their employees to recharge. We highly recommend calling a business prior to visiting to ensure that they are open.
Restaurant hours of operation can be found here. These are subject to change and we recommend double checking with the establishment. Reservations are highly recommended where possible. Lastly, if you’re looking for takeout offerings, be sure to check out 5B Flavor.
Reservations and advanced bookings are highly encouraged to ensure the best experience.
Events continue to be in full-swing. Please visit our calendar of events page for more information on all of the great happenings going on weekly.
The hospital system has an incredibly skilled team but they are limited in the resources and services they can provide during this situation. If you are exhibiting symptoms, call your primary care physician first to see if you qualify for testing. If you do not have a physician, see details below.
We kindly as you to get vaccinated! And, don’t forget about those flu shots.
St. Luke’s Hospital System
- St. Luke’s Wood River Hospital – Ketchum | 100 Hospital Dr. Ketchum, ID 83340 | 208-727-8800
- St. Luke’s Wood River Family Medicine – Hailey | 1450 Aviation Dr Suite 100, Hailey, ID 83333 | M- F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. |t 208-788-3434
- Center for Community Health for Non-Medical Evaluations |1450 Aviation DriveSuite 200Hailey, ID 83333 | M- F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.| 208-727-8733
- If you need to call after hours, contact 208-381-9000
- Idaho Care Line: Call the hotline at 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588
South Central Public Health District Crisis hotline: English – 208.737.1138 | Spanish – 208-737-596
Local Sun Valley & Idaho State Resources
- South Central Public Health District | SCPHD Information Toolkit
- Idaho Mountain Express Newspaper
- Eye on Sun Valley
- Sun Valley Resort
- Sun Valley Museum of Art
- Blaine County School District
- From the State of Idaho
Local Business & Resident Resources
- Blaine County Recovery
- Crisis Hotline
- Sun Valley Economic Development Resources
- Blaine County Charitable Fund
For additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly via [email protected].